Day 40: Aug 12 (FISHING DAY)


YES! JEFF, DON AND I WENT FISHING TODAY!!


I managed to get Jeff and Don on a boat today. But they only had 2 spots. So I told the charter if they come up with another, I wanted to go. Last night Connie called and said the party of 4 cancelled. So Im GOING FISHING. I took a sea sick pill last night and IM READY TO GO!!
Connie is the Office/Processor helper/Everything lady:


ON THE BOAT:




Coming into the Launch Area: We are done and the tractor is taking us out of the water and parking us on the sand. By the way, we did have ruff waters coming back. I just sat in the front so I could see the Horizion and hung on. It was fun for the first 1/2 hour and then I was ready to be done with the roller coaster ride. But I did not get sick!



So we each got 2 fish, which is the limit. I brought in my first big fish by myself. Man that was not easy. My arm still hurts 2 days later. But I did not get sick! I am really happy I have done the Alaskan adventure! To add to the excitement of the fishing trip, our crew got a call from Connie, saying there is a black bear waiting at the Cleaning Station. So I thought Cool, I will get a Picture! But they had to go scar it off before they would even let us go into the yard. Bummer!


Connie showed me these cool mushrooms in the Charter yard:



* "Just keep Fishing, Fishing, Fishing"!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 46: Aug 18 (Whitehorse, YK - Fort Nelson, BC) 610 miles

Day 45: Aug 17 (Tok, AK - Whitehorse, Yukon) 420 miles