Day 20/21/22: July 23/24/25, 2016 Valdez, AK


Jeff and I opted to stay in the Keystone Hotel instead of camping in the rain. I believe we made the right choice. I have not mentioned the weather to much, cause I had hopes it would change. We have had a few good days, but most of our time here in Valdez has been wet.

July 23 (Sat)
Jeff and I explored Valdez today. Virgil, Don and there families will arrive tonight. They are all caravanning with Motor Home, Boat, 4 wheeler and family.


We went out on Allison Pt and saw a bunch of fish trying to swim up stream. The Sea lions were leisurely eating them.





Jeff and I went to the fish cleaning are to see the charter fish people bringing there fish in. This guy caught all these fish.


Jeff and I checked out the Valdez Glacier Lake and Valdez Glacier:

Skipping rocks:


July 24 (Sun) Diane and I explored Valdez. Virgil, Nick, Don, Jeff and Rylan all went out fishing on Virgils boat.
Diane and I walked around town, the harbor, Valdez Glacier Lake, museum and Allison point.

Museum:




Virgil and his Grand-son Rylan who caught most of the fish!


July 24 (Mon)
We did have a charter all set up for 6 of us to go Halibut Fishing, but the weather(wind) out on the ocean was to bad to go out. Bummer! Thats just the way the weather goes. Today we did not do much.


*Life is GRAND when your Fishing!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 46: Aug 18 (Whitehorse, YK - Fort Nelson, BC) 610 miles

Day 45: Aug 17 (Tok, AK - Whitehorse, Yukon) 420 miles