Day 15: July 18, 2016

Jeff, Don, Diane and I went on an amazing adventure to Chena Hot Springs Resort. We visited a few lakes along the way and we had 2 seperate Moose sightings on the side of the road, when we were coming back. Chena Hot Springs Resort is a rustic Alaskan Year-Round 100+year old Hot Springs Resort. One Destination---100 Alaska Adventures!

Lake off Chena Hot Springs Road--on the way:


We are in the Chena Hot Springs:




Sadly we did not get a video of Diane and I trying to climb the rocks, to cool off. I helped Diane with a leg up, which probably looked funny. But then when I tried getting up on the rock, a nice guy offered to help me up. We were laughing so hard, at the sight of my floundering whale attempt at getting on that stupid rock. When I got on it and turned around, everyone else was laughing, too. The nice guy said we'd be on You Tube. We checked! Thank god it was not on there!
Relaxing after our Humiliation!!


Then we walked in the rain around the grounds:






Diane and I went on a Geothermal Renewable Energy Tour. They are leading the way to becoming a self-sustaining community in low-temperature geothermal power. We toured the Geothermal Power Plant, "Chena Fresh" Greenhouses and the animal farm.

Power Plant Entrance:


Animal Farm:



Green House: Tamatoes



There was a lot more to see. It would have been fun to stay a few nights and check out the Aurora Ice Museum, Sled dog kennel, ATV tour, hikes and more. I would recommend spending a few nights here.

On the way back to Fairbanks:


*It Moose be nice!



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 46: Aug 18 (Whitehorse, YK - Fort Nelson, BC) 610 miles

Day 45: Aug 17 (Tok, AK - Whitehorse, Yukon) 420 miles